Wednesday, April 22, 2009

GARDEN & GUN

The name "Garden & Gun" on a magazine blew me away. I saw it in a waiting room and as I recall, it also said, "The Soul Of The New South" The juxtaposition of names Garden and Gun got my attention real quick. The magazine is "perfect bound", the pages are glued in with a square spine. It is slightly oversize and the magazine is well designed. No, it's a lot better than that - it's opulent. The magazine is printed on fine paper with bold formats, excellent typography and beautiful photographs. It almost went broke but apparently has been rescued for now. G&G lists Roy Blount Jr. and Pat Conroy among the contributing editors and the first advertisement I saw was for a gun, a Beretta. Never judge a magazine by it's name. Go to the website and check it out. I'm curious. There is no price listed on the cover. Have you ever seen the magazine? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment